Laketec is seeking a Voice focused Engineer to join our Support Team for the Cleveland area. This individual will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote level 1/level 2 technical support for Laketec customers. This individual will also be working in a team based environment, with significant interaction with both engineers and customers.
The Engineer spends approximately 50% of his/her time in the field on site at customer locations servicing VOIP phone systems like Avaya IP Office, and Shoretel. Field work includes rack and stack, installation, end user training, and post installation troubleshooting and support. 30% of the time is spent in the office working on systems remotely. 10% of the time is spent on administrative tasks such as timelogs and ticket management. 10% of the time is spent on training and professional development.
Knowledge of cabling is also a plus for troubleshooting but not a requirement.
- Provide customers with outstanding customer service at all times. Laketec has maintained customers for 30+ years due to our dedication to always putting the customer’s needs first.
- Resolve a wide range of technology problems for customers of all sizes in a timely manner.
- Work effectively in a team based environment with other engineers.
- Continuously advance your professional development through training and hands on experience.
- Handle service requests from customers who are experiencing issues with the corporate IT systems including phones, voice applications, and servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve level 1 and level 2 tickets for end users.
- Handle routine daily maintenance of IT infrastructure including server maintenance, monitoring alerts, performance analysis, etc.
- Advise the customer on current and future technology plans, involving other resources at Laketec as needed.
- Provide detailed documentation of all work performed for customers.
- Escalate issues to other Laketec Engineers as appropriate.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an IT support role primarily focused on voice applications.
- Education (not required): Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Certifications: Avaya or ShoreTel are a plus
- Track record of excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience managing support requests/tickets and documenting work in a timely manner.
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Goal-Oriented and Success Driven.
Laketec offers competitive salaries and benefits. We look forward to exploring this opportunity further with you.
For questions or to apply, please Contact Us.