Laketec has been owned and operated in Northeast Ohio since 1989 with a longstanding reputation of service excellence. Over this time we’ve evolved into a comprehensive technology provider with a broad range of capabilities. We are proud to support such enterprise level customers as Sterling Jewelers, Cleveland Clinic, and Safeguard Properties. Our core competencies include Voice, Network Infrastructure, and Public/Private/Hybrid cloud solutions. At our core, we are a service-centric organization, focused on growing our business through thoughtful, strategic relationships with our customers and partners. We are now looking to hire a managed services engineer to join our team.
Description of Managed Services Engineer Role:
Laketec is seeking a Managed Services Engineer for the Cleveland area. This individual will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote level 1/level 2 IT support for Laketec customers. This individual will also be working in a team based environment, with significant interaction with both fellow engineers and customers.
Managed Services Engineers spend approximately 60% of his/her time troubleshooting and resolving day to day computer, network, and basic server issues for end users and other IT Systems Administrators. 20% of their time is spent on special projects or researching solutions. 10% of the time is spent on administrative tasks such as time logs and ticket management. 10% of the time is spent on training and professional development.
- Provide customers with unparalleled customer service at all times. Laketec has maintained customers for 28+ years due to our dedication to always putting the customer’s needs first.
- Resolve a wide range of technology problems for customers of all sizes in a timely manner.
- Work effectively in a team based environment with other engineers.
- Continuously advance your professional development through training and hands on experience.
Primary Functions For The Managed Services Engineer:
- Handle service requests from customers who are experiencing issues with the corporate IT systems including computers, applications, phones, servers, printers, network, wireless etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve level 1 and level 2 tickets for end users.
- Handle routine daily maintenance of IT infrastructure including server maintenance, monitoring alerts, performance analysis, etc.
- Advise the customer on current and future technology plans, involving other resources at Laketec as needed.
- Provide detailed documentation of all work performed for customers.
- Escalate issues to other Laketec Engineers as appropriate.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Education (not required): Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification Examples: A+, Network+, MCP, CCENT, CCNA
- Track record of excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience managing support requests/tickets and documenting work in a timely manner.
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Goal-Oriented and Success Driven.
To apply, please Email us your resume and tell us why you think you’d be right for our team.